Co-Pilot: Raise a Pilot Puppy
What is a Co-Pilot?
Co-Pilots are volunteer puppy raisers who care for our Pilot Puppies until they can start their formal guide dog training…the puppies get to experience a loving home environment, learn important household manners, and form positive habits. All of this contributes to their future success as a Pilot Dog, ultimately leading to transforming the life of someone who is blind or visually impaired, or a veteran who has selflessly served our country.
Sharing the Love: Raising a Pilot Puppy
Our crew of Co-Pilots helps raise our Pilot Puppies from the time they are 8-10 weeks old until the age of about 18 months. If you aren't able to raise a puppy from start to finish, that's okay...we have plenty of short-term options available, from a few weeks to a few months. You can help out even shorter-term and be a Puppy Sitter!
- Puppy Sitters: Take a puppy overnight, for a weekend, or a week! Very short term, and great experience for those that aren’t really sure if they want to take the plunge into longer-term Co-Piloting!
- Puppy Preppers: Co-Pilot a puppy just for that early stage, when they still have the sweet puppy breath and all the other delights that come with the youngsters!
- Puppy Closers: Co-Pilot an older puppy for that last leg of puppyhood…and one of the benefits? None of those baby shark teeth!
At this time, we need approximately 20-30 Co-Pilots to foster all of the Pilot Puppies that are ready to start their life-changing journeys!
Co-Pilot Assistance: You're Never Flying Solo!
We are committed to ensuring that you have a successful and rewarding Co-Pilot experience, and will provide you with all the tools that you need:
- A leash, a collar, a vest, a starter toy, starter food, and flea/tick/heartworm preventatives
- Free veterinary care
- Free boarding if you need to go out of town and can't take your Pilot Puppy
- Hands-on, comprehensive obedience training at our world-class training facility
- Infinite amounts of puppy kisses and unconditional love
We'll be there for you with continuous feedback, support, and partnership every step of the way!