Apply for a Pilot Dog
Four Paws. Two Feet. One Team.
A Pilot Dog can be a life-changing companion for people who are blind or visually impaired, providing confidence and independence. Because of the generosity of our donors, we are able to provide Pilot Dogs to eligible students at no cost.
Who is Eligible?We proudly provide world-class Pilot Dogs to people who:
- Are legally blind
- Are physically and mentally capable of receiving benefit from a Pilot Dog
- Are at least 16 years old
- Have had previous O&M training
Application Process OverviewThere are three main steps in the application process:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit the Medical Examination and Eye Examination forms, completed by the applicant's medical providers.
- Submit a video. The video allows us to see navigation skills, pace and physical stamina, and areas of use so that we can better match dogs with students. (Video requirements can be found here.)
Next Steps & Selection Process
- The application process is considered complete when the applicant has submitted all required documentation and video.
- Once the applicant has completed the application process, the Selection Committee will begin the review process and notify applicants on their status within 30 days.
If you are having issues completing the online application, please send us a message or give us a call and we'll be happy to help!